"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver


#1 book in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series, this fantasy/adventure story has it all. It has an exciting, interesting plot; well-developed characters; and is a thrilling page-turner. Jessica D. (GKHS teacher) recommends this series to her reluctant readers with good results. Now I will, too.

Middle school through high school readers; Audio CD; My rating: 4 1/2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.