"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, April 16, 2010

Celebrate National Library Week

This is National Library Week. If you haven't done so yet, head to your local library tomorrow and allow yourself a few minutes of bliss.

Here is a tiny snippet of the interview that author Neil Gaiman had with blogger Kate at The Book Case:
  • KP: In American Gods you expanded on the idea that there are gods and spirits everywhere in our world, not just in temples but in places like roadside attractions, and so I wondered if you had any thoughts about what kind of gods or spirits might live in libraries.
    NG: I have no idea, but I do know that I’d like them. There’s a wonderful kindred spiritry of the library, people who like being in libraries, people who are comforted by books, people who like being around the ideas of the departed. And I know that whatever gods or spirits are in libraries, they’re my kind of people.
I love this quote best: "people who like being in libraries, people who are comforted by books", because I know that I have many, many students and friends who come to the library each day because they are comforted by books. Thank you Neil Gaiman for sharing your love of libraires with us all! You are my kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.