"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm thankful for Fridays and blog hops!

Book Blogger Hop
Today's Blog Hop question is:
"Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!"

I am thankful... 
  1. that my Dad is recovering from his open heart surgery and seems to be on the road to restored health.
  2. for my husband of 28 years.  He is truly my best friend.
  3. that I live in an area with fabulous libraries that provide so many resources to its citizens, especially during this bad economic time for so many people. I love reading books I don't have to pay for.
  4. for a warm home and a good job.
  5. for my daughters and my many friends.
  6. that I can sleep in tomorrow! 
A few highlights/traditions for Thanksgiving week:
  1. College-aged daughter to come home on Tuesday.
  2. Hubby and I will shop for food bargains to pop into the freezer since we won't be cooking at home this year.
  3. Church service Wednesday night.  Thankfulness to God for His bounty in our lives.
  4. Travel to Oregon to join my parents and sister and her family for Thanksgiving dinner.
  5. Overeat.
  6. Friday.  Get up early for store bargains then go to the Oregon v Arizona football game at Autzen Stadium in Eugene.  Go Ducks!
What are you thankful for and what will you be doing this Thanksgiving holiday?


12 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for friends and family; Ashley won't be coming home for Thanksgiving for the first time ever. That will be hard on all of us. My MIL's death will also hit us hard this holiday season. We've been forced to change our traditions, so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Great list of things to be thankful for! I especially like #3. I wish I had thought to mention that on my post because I completely agree with you on that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne.

    Its Melissa from Jayne's Books. In response to your question about Canadian thanksgiving, it is much like American thanksgiving, in that it takes place at the same time every year. Ours is just the second Monday in October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm liking the blog, love the picture in the header - very quirky. I am most thankful for my friends and family, as well as storytelling in all its forms. We don't have Thanksgiving here, unfortunately, but I hope you have a fun and relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hopping my way...and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    Yours sounds very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here! Thanksgiving is my holiday. My oldest son's birthday is right at this time so it was understood that this would be my holiday to cook and have everyone over. We usually have the traditional Thanksgiving meal. I cook the dressing that my Mom taught me how to make. I love this time of year. I'm off from work almost the whole week. Love it!!

    www.judithleger.blogspot.com
    www.judithleger.weebly.com

    Also writing as:
    Jadette Paige
    www.jadettepaige.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend! I am going to actively avoiding retail stores this next weekend. I am not a real big fan of crowds who are willing to kill to get the greatest bargains! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanksgiving is my holiday. My oldest son's birthday is right at this time so it was understood that this would be my holiday to cook and have everyone over. We usually have the traditional Thanksgiving meal. I cook the dressing that my Mom taught me how to make. I love this time of year. I'm off from work almost the whole week. Love it!!

    www.judithleger.blogspot.com
    www.judithleger.weebly.com

    Also writing as:
    Jadette Paige
    www.jadettepaige.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! You have a lot to be thankful for!!!

    Girls with Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a great list of things to be thankful for. Wish I could sleep in. Baby and a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old make it difficult.
    I also liked your list of literary villians.
    You commented on my blog about the Friday 56. Just wondering if you linked it up over at Freda' Voice, she is the one hosting the linky
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family :) I'm certainly thankful for my fellow book bloggers, followers & commentators :D

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.