"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Angela and the baby Jesus by Frank McCourt

I just found this book this year.  It is a children's picture book written by Frank McCourt with wonderful illustrations by Raul Colon about an event from McCourt's mother's life. 

When Angela was a child she stole the Baby Jesus from the manger scene at her church because she was sure that he would get cold and lonely if she left him there.  It is a darling tale.  If you run into it, take a few minutes to read it.  It will bring a warm feeling to your heart.  It did for mine.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that title is just too funny. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be! But... it just made me laugh out loud. It sounds like a great Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.