"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What I'm Reading and Want to Read

I just learned that WWW Wednesday is no longer a weekly meme on the book blogosphere so I decided to just do my own thing or I will try this meme at Book Journey. Hopefully a few of you followers out there will let me know what you are reading and either let me know in the comment section or post a link so I can take a look over at your blog. Here goes...

I am currently reading: 
The first two chapters of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  I call them the Christmas chapters.  It has been a long time since I read this book and decided to just reread this small portion. I'm "into" Christmas stories and books right now!







I am currently listening to on audio-books:
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner.  This is the sequel to the very exciting YA dystopian/adventure book, The Maze Runner.  I'm on the last disk and things are coming to a climax.  This is the 2nd book of a trilogy so no doubt I will be left hanging.






I just finished reading:
The Human Stain by Philip Roth.  This was our book club selection for the month and it was the first time since we started meeting that we were unanimous in not liking our book selection.  We did, however, have a good discussion about it and decided it would be a good book for a college lit class...lots of symbolism and things to discuss and dissect.





What is my next book:
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I'm going with the Christmas theme again.  I'm looking forward to reading another book by this winning duo. 








1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to read The Scorch Trials!! My sister and husband have both finished it already (with very different reactions) and I'm saving it to read over Christmas break... I'll be interested to read your review!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.