"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Read my Review: Adventure/Travel Theme



The theme of this week's Read my Review hosted by A Trillian Books is Adventure/Travel.

I chose my review of the book Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick. It is not full of
swash-buckling action but rather it is a psychological thriller, with the tension being quite palpable and dramatic. The action mainly takes place in remote and frozen Scandinavian and Canadian settings.

Please read my review and let me know what you think, either in the comment section here there. Thanks so much for your feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Anne...you asked me about the Phryne Fisher series and its appeal for teenagers. I really don't know how to answer. As a teenager, I would have LOVED the Phryne books. But then I didn't necessarily have to have teenagers in the story or as a main character. I can tell you that as a teenager I would NOT have been into Twilight.

    When I was a teenager, I was mainly into Science Fiction (Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, Silverburg...etc) with mysteries here and there and a big romance novel phase.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.