"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reading Challenges Midway Update---

It is mid summer. How am I doing on my Reading Challenges? Here is an update---

1.Goodreads challenge: 66 out of 101 books. Looks like I will need to up this challenge next year.


2. 2011 ALA Award Book Challenge: I'm participating in the YA Titles category.  I've read 7 out of 9. Left to go: Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John (Living with a Disability), and Freak Observer by Blythe Woolston (Debut).


3. Michael J. Printz Award and Honor Books Challenge: this is an on-going challenge.  I have read all the award winners for this and last year and a majority of past years. I will stay current on this challenge but may not go back and read all the books missed from previous years.


4.  Audio Book Challenge: I've already completed this challenge at the Obsessed level (20 audiobooks). Guess I'll make up my own category: "Diabolically Obsessed" and go for 30 books by years end.


5.  Books I Should Have Read in School...But Didn't Challenge. I am participating at the Graduate level. I've read 5 out of 6 books. If my memory serves me, the next level seemed unattainable or I would switch up to that level.

6.  Reading from My Shelf Project Challenge. 8 out of 12 books from my own TBR piles around the house. Right on target!

7. Personal Projects:
  • Finished 5 of 10 books that I started in 2010 but didn't finish
  • Classics Challenge...I've only completed one book on my list :(
  • Reading list for Junior Literature Class...three to go!
Check my full list here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the challenges so far this year! I'm also Diabolically Obsessed with audio books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!

    I am so impressed! I have never joined a single challenge - it just seems like I don't need any extra pressure on myself to read certain books. But I have to admit this sounds like fun! Looks like you're doing a great job on all of these varied challenges.

    Does this mean 2011 is already half over?? yikes.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.