"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Monday, 10/10/11, and I'm reading...

It's Monday and I'm reading:
Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King--- I'm not very far but I do know that this book has a fantastic opening.  I'm reading this as a potential Mock Printz book.

I recently finished:
Chime by Franny Billingsley---The first part of the book was confusing with its mixture of realism and fantasy but the conclusion was very satisfying.  In fact, I reread it immediately after finishing the book so I could savor it a bit longer.








I am listening to:
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne Valente. It is a fun, odd tale that reminds me a bit of The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland. 










What are you reading?



10 comments:

  1. The Girl Who... is on my wishlist. I guess it was a pretty normal week of reading for me. Please come see what I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody sees ants, that's interesting. :) Title is for sure!

    My Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all new to me. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you think of Everybody Sees the Ants. I've just started Ready Player One

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog, I did return your comment on my blog but just in case you didn't pop back, our little visitor was a possum lol.
    Chime caught my eye, the fact that you re-read it straight away made me even more curious.

    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these books - will have to look into them to see if they are my types of books.

    Stop by my It's Monday post if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard a lot of good things about Chime. Maybe one day I will be able to read it. :)

    My Monday list: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both interesting looking books! I will have to look into them!

    This week at Mom Reads My Books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost downloaded The Girl Who to my ipod recently but I chose something else instead. I'm sure I'll get to it soon. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read The Girl Who.. Been seeing it around a lot. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.