"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Big "Thank You" to Books!

Hosted by Beth Revis

Beth Revis is hosting a huge giveaway.  If you want to enter or want more information please click on the picutre above and it will take you to the contest rules.  Thank you Beth for doing this.

Not just because I want to win, I do, but because I love books and I'm grateful for the role they have played in my life, I would like to give a great big shout out to a book for which I am especially grateful.


Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
This is the book that brought me back to reading after a ten-year-plus hiatus from reading. The language in the book is so descriptive. The characters are so multifaceted and interesting.  The colloquialisms so quaint and funny I almost felt like I reading something written by my grandma. I was so touched by the love in this book between a boy, Will Tweety, and his grandpa.  I loved everything about it.  Best of all it reminded me that books can be good, real good, and that stories can have meanings beyond the pages that are printed.  Cold Sassy Tree created in me a hunger that only well-written books can appease and I've been "hungry" ever since.  Thank you Olive Ann Burns (RIP) for the gift you gave the world and me with this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.