"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Salon... Nov. 27


On the web: The Ellen Show videos of Sophia Grace and Rosie.  If you haven't seen these two darling girls, take the time now: Ellen Show

I'm thankful for: the days off work to spend at home with my family and for the Adams family who hosted us for Thanksgiving dinner.  We had a lovely time with our daughter's soon-to-be in-laws.
 
I'm listening to: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.  The 50th anniversary edition. What a funny, delightful tale.

I'm reading: Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John--- it seems like I am in a reading funk right now just slowly reading the same book for weeks, or just barely reading it.

Book finished this week: The Giver by Lois Lowry.  I was shamed into reading this dystopian classic and I'm glad I was.


Lists I am making: Christmas gifts.  Argh!  I cannot believe that we are only four weeks out.  I have made a little bit of progress but not much.

Scripture lesson in church: Matthew 2:1-12 "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him."

I'm praying for: The homeless in our society who have to live outside in such terrible weather and for those who are jobless during this Recession..

Around the house: Christmas decorating this week? I hope so but we haven't done anything yet.

From the kitchen: Split Pea soup made from a leftover ham bone.  A family favorite on cold days.

A favorite quote I laughed about this week: "Expectations is the place you must always go to before you get to where you're going. Of course, some people never go beyond Expectations, but my job is to hurry them along whether they like it or not." -Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth





1 comment:

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.