"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A bookish survey. Play along...

I saw this quick, little bookish survey on Jenni Elyse's blog and she saw it at  The Broke and the Bookish  I decided thought it’d be fun to participate. Play along by answering the questions in the comment section or on your blog and link back so I see your answers!

  • The book I’m currently reading: Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai.  This was the National Book Award winner this year for their Children/Teen division. It is written in verse making it a quick read. 
  • The Last book I finished: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.  I know. I know.  I can't believe it has taken me over 50 years to read this book either.
  • The next book I want to read: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.  Actually I am listening to this on audiobooks right now and I can't listen fast enough to suit my interest. I must get my hands on the actual book so I can read faster.
  •  The last book I bought: Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I bought it as a gift so I hope the recipient isn't reading my blog right now.  :)

  • The last book I was given: I was given a pile of books by another librarian of new, donated books that were too "adult" for her school library and she said I could just take them home if I wanted them. They are: The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean; Dancing with Mr. Darcy: the best of Jane Austen Short Story Competition; and The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie. I hope they get read before they get too dusty.  One never knows with me when I will finally get around to a book that is on my own book shelf.
  



4 comments:

  1. Ha! That's one of the reasons I don't like to listen to audiobooks. They're too slow, lol. :) I'm glad you're enjoying that book. I want to read it soon. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you finished Anne of Green Gables. As idealistic and daydreamy she is, I love her imagination and kind spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. I am reading Everybody Sees the Ants and I left it at school today! What am I going to read tonight?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read people's lists like these. Mine is here http://mariemno.blogspot.com/2011/12/bookish-survey-dec-15.html

    Marie K

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.