"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Friday--- Dec. 9

TGIFriday, Dec. 9th - Book to Movie: Which book turned into a movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?

BEST
  • Holes by Louis Sachar
  • Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  • Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis




WORST
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini
  • The Golden Compass by Pullman







Follow Friday at Alison Can Read : Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

 Adult: Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

 

YA: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness





10 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I loved Cutting for Stone. It was such a touching book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I forgot about The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. Yes, it was a good film adaptation!

    I love how Eragon keeps appearing on lists this Friday. It's so sad that such a wonderful book has such an unfortunate movie adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Stardust ... the book and the movie! I just read Holes recently, but haven't seen the movie -- I hear it's really good! Happy TGIF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift pick. New follower via GFC for FF.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone With A Wind is a classic, good picks.
    Happy FF
    http://musingsfromanaddictedreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Monster Called sounds really good. & Holes is a great adaptation!
    Happy #ff (new fowler) and Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover for a monster calls is scary looking! New follower! My FF: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm extremely curious about A Monster Calls I keep hearing how amazing it is. I def. plan to read it soon!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Monster Calls is on my TBR list. Can't wait to read it. Nice picks.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutting for Stone was one of the best books I've read all year. I'm trying to get my book club to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.