"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Snapshot Saturday... Dec. 24

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by At Home with Books.
 
My husband is a member of the Governor's Cabinet for the State of Washington. Each year she hosts a holiday party for cabinet members and their spouses. It was a beautiful night and the mansion and capitol looked so lovely. (And the food and wine were scrumptious!)

I took this photo of my husband, Don, with Governor Chris Gregoire at the end of the evening. Don is wearing a holiday tie, a dress requirement for the event. 

The Grand Staircase looks so lovely festooned with white poinsettias and swags.

The Capitol Building as viewed from the Governor's Mansion.
 
Goldfinches, the Washington State bird, decorate the Governor's Holiday tree.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderfully festive! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos...Love the Governor's tree decorated with the state bird!

    Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment. I took the aerial shot of the tree from the 12th floor of one of the PPG buildings. The rink/tree are in a plaza surrounded by 6 PPG buildings. That's where our office was at the time. This year we moved to a different building in downtown, which I don't like as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely event. And I just love that the tree is decorated with goldfinches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, Those photos are beautiful. I wish I could go to a fancy party like that, but maybe not a political one.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The photos of the train set in our library are in Columbus, Ohio. A long way from Washington. Merry Christmas.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event to go to each year, it would really make the Christmas season fun. And, I love the goldfinches on the tree!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.