"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WWW Wednesday... April 18

Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
  •  Rotters by Daniel Kraus....Winner of the Odyssey Award for audiobooks. This book has creepy written all over it...it is about grave robbers.
  • Breaking Night by Liz Murray... a memoir about growing up in a drug-addicted household yet triumphing over adversity. Very well-written.
  • Black and White by Paul Volponi... I've been carrying this book around in my purse for a few weeks and I'm over half finished.  I don't know why I can't seem to push through to completion.
• What did you recently finish reading?
  •  The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor... the first book in a very imaginative series that plays a twist on the Alice in Wonderland story. I listened to this on audiobooks.
  • The Ladies of Missalonghi by Collen McCullough...I love this little novella. This is my third time reading it and I enjoy it every time. A little historical love story set in Australia. Yum!
• What do you think you’ll read next?
  • Soldier Bear by Bibi Dumon Tak... winner of the 2012 Batchelor Award for books translated into English from another language, in this case Dutch. 
  • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick...this will be my next audiobook.

 What about you?  What are you currently reading?

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Looking Glass Wars later this year for my book club. I'm glad to hear praise for it. I haven't read any of the books you've mentioned, though. Both Rotters and Breaking Night look pretty interesting, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your reviews!
    Here's my WWW: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Rotters looks awesome. I love creepy books :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-play-along-just-answer-following.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing a lot of reading, Anne!

    Looking Glass Wars has been on my TBR shelf for years now - Jamie loved it and said I must read it, but there are so many that he loves and recommends! I would like to get to this one...some day...

    I liked Hush, Hush - not my typical sort of book (not a big fan of the paranormal romance genre) but I thought it was well-written and engaging. Never did read the rest of the trilogy, though.

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that your reading is going well. I am on week 3 of virtually no reading whatsoever! This has to break, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I feel your pain. When I go through a reading slump I often feel like I am slacking on the job or that I am letting someone down. Of the books I am currently working on all are for "assignments" of some sort. On Monday an English class and I will be video skyping with Paul Volponi, so I need to finish Black and White by then. Breaking Night is for my book group that meets on Wednesday. Rotters is my current audiobook that I listen to as I drive around town and to work and back. As the winner of the Odyssey Award it is my "assigned" book for that challenge. Have you hit a reader's block or has life got in the way of reading?

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.