"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Places I hope to get caught reading this summer


The Broke and Bookish
 Top Ten Tuesday this week is a rewind so I can choose my topic.

Top ten places I hope to be caught reading this summer.

1. Cinque Terra, Italy...we will be vacationing in Italy this summer.  While we are staying in the Cinque Terra region I imagine we will encounter some lay-in-the-sun moments. And you know what that means...time to read and relax.

2. On the Rapido train between Florence and Venice, Italy. I can't read in a car but I can on trains and buses.  Go figure.

3. On the airplane flight to Rome. And, of course, home again.



4. Lake Tahoe, California... my family of origin will be gathering in California for a week in July.  There should be plenty of chances to break out the books.

5. Angels Camp, California...in the middle of Gold Rush country. I hope there is time for a little sight-seeing, golf, and reading.


6. Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington... it is a fun destination that is less than an hour from home. During the summer there are concerts in the park.  In order to get good seats one has to arrive early and stake out a good spot with the lawn chairs or blankets.  Next to people-watching I usually fill the time waiting for the music with reading.



7.Chambers Bay Creek Park, University Place, Washington... also not too far from our home, this park is almost surreal with the weird concrete works leftover from some old factory. This park provides a spectacular view of the sunset over Puget Sound.  Might as well arrive early for a picnic and take the time to read a few pages first.





8. Paradise, Mt. Rainier National Park... nothing is more beautiful than Paradise (Visitor Center) on Mt. Rainier when it is in wildflowers. On a sunny day it is fun to hike and take in the sights.  But the air is thin, so one must stop and soak up the sun and read for a bit, too.




9. In our car... On our way to California we will listen to an audiobook. (We won't drive down the freeway waving flags, however.)

10. In the backyard, in a hammock... this is actually my favorite reading spot of all.
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a pretty amazing summer lined up!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh that sounds amazing! I wish I had a hammock ^.^
    my ttt; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-any-topic.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer plans--Italy is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, can I stow-away in your luggage? Sounds like an amazing summer.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.