"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Pride and Prejudice, 200 years old!


200 years ago this past week Pride and Prejudice was published and the public has been in love 
with it ever since. In honor of the birthday, let's have a little fun.

1. First hop over to the Telegraph and take the Pride and Prejudice Quiz.
How did you do? I scored 92%.

2. Go to this Jane Austin Quote site and find a Pride and Prejudice quote you never remember seeing before. Here's one I found:  "You have liked many a stupider person." -Lizzie to Jane concerning Bingley.

3. Select a Pride and Prejudice wallpaper for your computer this week:
Here's the one I picked:

4. Head over to Google. Type in "Pride and Prejudice Books Covers." Select your favorite.
Here's a fun one that strikes my fancy today:

5. Go to Goodreads and vote for your favorite Pride and Prejudice spin-off. I've read quite a few of these types of books and I had a hard time deciding on which was my favorite. Since I had to pick one I chose: Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange because it is simply P and P from Mr. Darcy's point of view.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.