"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Know Me Better...March 23

Hosted by I am a Reader-Not a Writer

This Week's Questions

What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
What is most memorable about your high school years?
Have you ever gotten up early for a "black Friday sale"?
Were you named after anyone?
Would you bungee jump, skydive or something similar?

What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
When my husband was serving in Iraq neighbors and friends were so generous with their time in helping us with yard work and household tasks that we couldn't manage ourselves. I still feel so grateful nine years later.

What is most memorable about your high school years?
Two things percolate to the top of mind: a) Ken, Rita, Gerry, Andy and I goofing around together. We would do silly things like fire drills from our cars when we got to intersections or pool tournaments. b) SYMCO and church camp---I was on a church council of youth that met once a month and planned a summer camp. I loved those meetings and the friends I made. 

Have you ever gotten up early for a "black Friday sale"?
Depends on how early is early. I get up every Black Friday by 8 AM or so to go to the sock sale at Fred Meyer. But that is generally it. That sale ends at 11 AM so I usually don't have to get up that early.

Were you named after anyone?
A woman that worked with my mom. I have never met her, so it is pretty unspecial.

Would you bungee jump, skydive or something similar?
No. I get frightened on roller-coasters. I can't even imagine coming up with the nerve to free fall, even for a short period of time.


7 comments:

  1. Hi...First, I would like to thank both you and your husband for protecting our freedom. I think more should be done for our military and their families. I'm not a roller coaster person neither so there is no way I would even think of bungee jumping or sky diving. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like great neighbors :) that's wonderful.

    http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/2013/03/know-me-better-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like roller coasters either! Has your mom ever told you why she named you after her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very kind of your friends and neighbors. It's hard to have a loved one being deployed.

    My KMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we are in need, we really see the good coming out in people, how great that your neighbors were there for you while your husband served!

    I love roller coasters, as long as they don't spin around

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it is pretty special that your neighbors helped you while your husband was away and couldn't! I love the fact that you get up on black Friday for the sock sale! I don't do black Friday at all!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.