"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon

Last minute addition to the Dewey's 24 hour Read-A-Thon, I decided to join the fun but will have to make mine a mini challenge because a. I didn't know about until now so didn't rise at 5 AM to start reading and b. I have a party at my house tomorrow and have to do some prep work for it today. But I did get up this morning and read before I got out of bed.  So I'm on my way.  Here's a little about me:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I live in Puyallup, Washington (NW Coast of the USA)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I haven't planned any snacks so I will just eat regular food today, maybe munch on a few pretzels, too.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My name is Anne and I am a librarian at a high school of about 1700 students. I have two daughters who are out of the house, one is married, the other in college. My husband supports my reading fanaticism and occasionally even discusses books with me. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm a first-timer. Because I am starting late I will take my 24 hours into Sunday. I am looking forward to finishing up books that have been sitting around for a few weeks on my pile. I hope to read:

  • Ten Poems to Last a Lifetime by Roger Housden
  • Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets
  • A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
  • Dancing with Joy: 99 Poems

Let the reading begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.