"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings, Feb 28, 2014.

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't dig for their favorite book, the coolest, or the most intellectual. They use the one they are currently reading.

Book: Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein



Book Beginnings:

I just got back from Celia Forester's funeral. I'm supposed to be writing up an official report for the Tempest she flew into the ground, since she's obviously not going to write it herself and I saw it happen.
Friday 56:
By the time we were over Notre Dame I was singing to myself again. The cabin was so noisy I thought no one would be able to hear me.
My thoughts: By page 56 the reader is just starting to understand how talented Rose, the narrator, is as a pilot and how dedicated she is to helping the Allies win WWII. At this point in the story the action is just starting to warm up and soon it takes a dramatic twist. I don't think that either of these quotes are good examples of how wonderful both this book and the writing are. (I'm almost finished with this book.)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting cover. Sounds like an epic read.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.