"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Your teachers love...

Snapshot Saturday



I asked the teachers of the school to give me titles of books that they love and then made a display of those books yesterday after school. I can't wait for Monday when the students come in and they see all the books their teachers love. I also sent these photos out via e-mail to all the teachers hoping that all those who didn't participate after the first round would jump in now!

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this! If it is okay with you, I would like to pin it on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. Pin away!

      I used heart-shaped post-it notes to write out the names of the teachers on the books. Their selections are so varied, only a few duplicates.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea! First off, it's so colorful and second, how fun for the students to see what books their teachers enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! I don't know what I would put out there. Probably Roundhouse. :) What if you didn't have the book that was the favorite or did you give the teachers lists of what you had?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they name a book I don't have in the library but I have books by that author I changed the little heart to read "An author your teacher loves..." or I asked them for another selection.

      Delete
  4. Very timely for Valentine's Day... celebrating our love for books and reading. Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the kids will really enjoy seeing their teachers' recommendations. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea! A chance to get exposed to some books they haven't read and see what their teachers' interests are at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the kids will be thrilled to see all of those books with the pink hearts and their teachers' recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that this project really helped a fried(a first year librarian) to bond with her staff. They are much friendlier to her now, after sharing the love of their favorite books and her interest in what their favorites are. The students loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.