"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TTT: Books on my Spring TBR Pile

Top Ten Books I hope to read this Spring: (In no particular order)

  1. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest TrailWild by Cheryl Strayed.  This is cheating since I am currently reading this book. I want to give myself a boost when I actually finish at least one book on the list. :) This is the All-Pierce-County-Reads book of the year.
  2. Cover imageCress by Marissa Meyer. This is the third book in the Cinder series. I'm pretty hopeful that this book will get to me soon, as I have a hold on it at the public library.
  3. Dreams of Gods & Monsters (2014)Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. Set to come out in a few weeks this should be the thrilling conclusion to the Daughter of Smoke and Bones trilogy.
  4. Cover imageThe Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal. This was a Printz Honor book this year. I try to read all the winners every year.
  5. Cover imageCharm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn. Another award winner, this book won the Morris Award this year for debut authors. It has been sitting on my bedside table for a month.
  6. Relish by Lucy Knisley. I started this graphic book but never finished it. Unfortunately I can't remember where I was when I was reading it...the mysterious case of the missing book. Hmm...
  7. Mr. Darcy Presents His Bride: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and PrejudiceMr. Darcy Presents His Bride by Helen Halstead. This is just a silly book I picked up at the friends-of-the-library sale. I confess this one is calling my name right now as I do my Mansfield Park Read-along.
  8. Cover imageThe Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This book has been on my TBR pile for so long. I finally downloaded the audiobook onto my iPod. Now to take the time to listen to it.
  9. One summer America, 1927One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson. This was the book my husband gave me for Christmas. He and I are both Bryson fans and this book sounds like it will be a winner.
  10. A red herring without mustard : a Flavia de Luce mysteryA Red Herring Without Mustard: A Flavia de Luce Mystery by Alan Bradley. I enjoyed the first two books in the series and then stopped. Now there are five books and I haven't read #3 yet.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I kind of envy you getting to read SHADOW OF THE WIND for the first time! It's such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked some awesome books! I'm super excited to start The Lunar Chronicles soon, I've heard so many great thing about the books. All of these books look great, I really hope you enjoy them whenever you get around to reading them! Here's my TTT: http://unearthlyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-spring-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Scarlett! I feel so behind in this series. I really enjoyed Shadow of the Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also planning on reading Relish this spring (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I have been wanting to read it but I am finding that long of a Graphic Novel a little intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relish is wonderful!!! I loved it so much. I always meant to make one of the recipes inside but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to check out the Lunar Chronicles. I hope Cress to wonderful for you.
    Jamie @ Vailia's Page Turner.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.