"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Snapshot Saturday...June 14

Our youngest daughter is graduating from college this week-end. We wanted a few photos of her in her cap and gown so we decked her up and walked around campus looking for artsy and and colorful shots.  The light was waning but I think we got some good ones.  Here is a sample of the 60+ photos we took:

This one is my favorite. It is colorful and captures Carly's personality so well.

The St. Ignatius Chapel has a reflecting pond. We tried several artsy shots around it. Can you see tiny Carly in the crook of the bell tower?

This picture seems symbolic somehow of  college and the changes ahead.


The school crest is painted on pavement at the entrance of the university. I am amazed that this shot worked. By the time we took it it was getting quite dark.

Seattle University is a Jesuit school. This back-lit stained glass is in the Student Services building, 

Carly is standing in front of a favorite picture that is made of puzzle pieces. It is hanging in the library. 

This cross is also hanging in the library.
This colorful shot is Don's favorite. I was the location scout,  Don was artistic director and photographer.

Snapshot Saturday is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of a landmark event. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. (The first photo is my favorite too.)
    This week my Saturday Snapshots are of MOUNT RAINIER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are great shots! I especially enjoy the one in which her image is reflected in the water. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Beautiful photos. What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely photos. I like the one in front of the puzzle pieces best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific idea! She will treasure these photos. Congratulations to Carly!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome keepsake those photos will be for your daughter in years to come! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.