"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, August 29, 2014

Gum...Ewwww

Gum under tables. Ewww. Who does that?


Today, as I was moving tables around the library, I discovered, to my horror, that the tables each had its own disgusting batch of chewed gum on the underside. Ew..ww.w.w.


While scraping it off, I wondered about the degenerates who would deposit their gum for someone else to discover years later. Perhaps, I thought, they think sticking gum under tables is funny. Afterall we live very near Seattle which does have the ultra disgusting gum-wall. Or perhaps the gum-depositors are mean-spirited or barbaric. Most likely, however, they are just lazy. Which is double irritating.


I felt like I was in a movie... a bad comedy. At the moment where I, the star of the movie, discovered the cache of chewed gum, the whole audience lets out a collective "ewww..w.w.w.w."

Aren't you delighted that I shared this wonderful moment from my life with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.