"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 22, 2014

TTT: Books on my TBR pile for the Fall

Top Ten books on my TBR pile this Fall:

1. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd---this book was a Christmas gift and I still haven't read it. It is time.

2. Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya---I just added this to my TBR pile today. It is my Banned Books Week selection of the year. Now to find a copy.

3. Landline by Rainbow Rowell---I am on-hold for the audiobook version at the public library. I think my place in line is 35th out of 76, or something insane like that. Guess I'll be waiting a while.

4. The Hotel on Place Vendome: Life, Death, Betrayal at the Hotel Ritz in Paris by Tilar Mazzeo---an upcoming book club selection.

5. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson---John Green says this book is amazing. That is enough for me to want to read it.

6. Tales from the Town of Widows by James Canon---another book club selection.

7. 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith---I enjoyed his last two books, Winger and Grasshopper Jungle, so I hope this one is good, too.

8. Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis---the reviews on this book are crazy good.

9.  Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer---another YA book with very good reviews. I am on-hold at the public library for this one, too, and may not see it for a few months.

10. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell---what can I say? I am a Rainbow Rowell fan. My daughter owns a copy of this book so I will just grab her copy.



6 comments:

  1. Bless Me Ultima was so good that I immediately recommended it to my brother when he was working overseas. Hope you like it, too.

    Here's my Top Ten Books I'm Awaiting This Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Landline last week! It was my first Rainbow Rowell book and I liked it pretty well. It was a sweet, fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was considering putting Rowell on my list as I have yet to read one of her books. But realistically they'll have to wait for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Attachments, but don't think I'll read Landline. I loved Grasshopper Jungle and so need to read more Andrew Smith. I've got an ARC of Belzhar from BEA still to read as well!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Attachments and thought it was a fun read. I have had Bless Me, Ultima on my shelf for quite a while and really need to get around to reading it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read two of these- Attachments and The Invention of Wings - both are worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.