"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Publisher's Weekly Best YA Books 2014

Publisher's Weekly recently announced their Top Ten Favorite YA Books of 2014. Do you agree with their list? What books do you think they have left off? What books should they remove?



10. Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out by Susan Kuklin
9. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King *
8. The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondheim by EK Johnston *
7. Poisoned Apples by Christine Heppermann
6. Half Bad by Sally Green *
5. Family Romanov by Candace Fleming *
4. Pointe by Brandi Colbert
3. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll *
2. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
1. The True Tale of Monster Billy Dean by David Almond

* On the BSD 2015 Mock Printz list

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see Half Bad included - it deserves the attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just placed a hold at the public library for Half Bad. I've read over half the books on this list but not HALF BAD, yet.

      Delete
  2. I've got a lot of reading to do. Where did the year go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these! I rarely get to new books when they are first released (except for audios). I keep hearing rave reviews of Poisoned Apples.

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.