"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

YA Books on the NYT Best-Selling List

I bumped into this list today of the New York Times Best Sellers YA titles. Notice how long some of these titles have been on the list. When it comes right down to it everyone wants to read the same books as their friends are reading. This may explain why all of John Green's books are always checked out of the library.

Here is the link to the NYT Best Sellers (YA)

The top book this week: If I Stay by Gayle Forman (31 weeks on the list)

The longest-running books on the list at 101 weeks (almost two years!) are two John Green titles: The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska. Just one week off that record at 100 weeks is The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.

New to the list this week is a book I just learned about today and want to get for my library is Atlantia by Ally Condie.

Check out the whole list here plus the popular adult titles, too.

While you are looking at lists you may want to check out the NYT best-selling YA/Children's book in a series.  If you think two years on the list is a long time for John Green books, what about 295 weeks for The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and 210 weeks for The Hunger Games series?  Wow, what is that four, five, six years on the top list? Amazing.

There are two series listed that I'd better consider for my library: Sea Breeze by Abbi Glines (Teen Romance) and Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Paranormal.) [Woops, never mind on the Sea Breeze series.  That looks like a good series to get from a public library.]

Reflection on lists like these make me sigh with contentment. Teens are still buying (and reading) books. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.