"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, July 27, 2015

TTT: Literary Characters Who Love Books and Reading

Top Ten Tuesday: Literary Characters Who Love Books and Reading
TTT hosted by Broke and Bookish

1. Jo March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott



2. Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee



3. A.J. Fikry in The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin




4. Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series
Hermione - Quote Silhouette -- by:   GTRichardson  --  Piece 3 of 7 In Harry Potter Series of images.


5. Hazel Grace in The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



6. Clay from Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan


7. Daniel Sempere in The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

8. Liesel in The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak



9. Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen



10. Anne Shirley from The Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery


11. Cather in Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



12. Alaska in Looking for Alaska by John Green



*************************
I only included books I have actually read. Can you think of some other literary bookworms?

23 comments:

  1. This is a great list. I Hermione would have been on my list, had I made one (but I didn't). Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice comes to me mind and Meggie from Inkheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to select only characters who I could find quotes or descriptions about their books/reading. The section of Pride and Prejudice where Elizabeth is reading the quote comes from Caroline Bingley, and it is said in a snotty way. Is there another section where Elizabeth talks about liking books?

      Delete
  2. Great list! I should have added Hazel and it's great to see Miss Morland getting some attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Hazel Grace on a few people's lists. I didn't even think about John Green books. Great list!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clay, Liesel and Cath made it on to my list as well! Great combination of books! Here is my list if you want to check it out: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/book-nerd-characters/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Yay for Daniel Sempere making it on your list this week too :) <3 The Shadow of the Wind :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these books and the awesome quotes you pulled out! I adore so many of these like A.J. Fikry, Little Women & The Book Thief. I def. considered Hazel Grace too. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only included books I have read, too. I have three of yours.

    Readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not back from Yellowstone. Believe it or not, they have wifi out here.

      Delete
    2. Oh right. Ha! I just have a hard time doing these types of posts when i am on the road.

      Delete
  8. Jo March, yes! She's such a fun, entertaining lit character. Still cannot believe I left off Hazel. How could I forget her obsession with that ONE book!? :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined to reread Little Women this year! It has been years since I looked the audacious Jo March in the eye.

      Delete
  9. I love your quotes! Did you make them yourself?
    (My list: http://www.allensteachingfiles.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-ten-characters-who-are.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created the quote photos for those characters where I couldn't find what I wanted on-line. which was five of them. You can probably tell which ones I made because they are the badly done ones: Fangirl; Looking for Alaska; Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore; The Fault in Our Stars; and Anne of Green Gables.

      Delete
  10. You've got some great bookish characters here - some I'm old friends with, others I know I'm going to love. Excellent picks! M from Rain City Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout of this TTT, the pictures look great! Love your choice too.

    ~Jo
    My TTT: adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2015/07/characters-who-are-fellow-book-nerds.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could I have forgotten to include Hermione? Great choice. I love that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How on earth did I forget Anne Shirely! I am blushing in embarrassment right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I love that you added quotes, too!

    Anjie @ Love thy Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your list! We were really similar in our choices. Love that!.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh great list! I should have added Alaska to mine, I am not even sure why I didn't, especially since it would have given me 10! Hazel made my list too. The only other book I've read on your list is Little Women, but of course, I had heard that Hermione, Liesel, and Cath were readers too- I must read The Book Thief and Fangirl ASAP!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaska was the last character on my list because my daughter read my list and reminded me to add her. In fact she was the one that found the quote about Alaska and her library of books. I don't think I saw her on anyone else's list.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.