"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

TTT: Books I Just Didn't Get to in 2015...but still want to read

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I meant to but didn't read in 2015.  I hope to get to them soon.

On Goodreads one can add books to a "WANT TO READ" category. The following books I added to that category on my Goodreads account last year, included is the date I added it to the list. Many of these books were not published or released in 2015, however.

1. Laughing at My Nightmare by Shane Burcaw---Jan. 30, 2015

2. Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment by Tal Ben-Shahar ---Mar. 4, 2015

3. In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume--- July 6, 2015

4. Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave----July 6, 2015

5. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng ---- July 6, 2015

6. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson --- July 6, 2015

7. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith --- July 6, 2015

8. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson --- July 6, 2015

9. The Book of Aron by Jim Shepherd --- Sept. 12, 2015

10. The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr--- Oct. 21, 2015

11. Trigger Warnings by Neil Gaiman --- Dec. 3, 2015

12. Tracks by Louise Erdrich--- Dec. 21, 2015

5 comments:

  1. I really liked Ng's book and it was heartbreaking watching that family implode. Life after Life was also interesting but I did find it a bit repetitive towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggested the Ng book for Book Club a while back and would love to see it added to our list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let's add it to our books under consideration list right now! It sounds like a good one for discussion.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Life After Life quite a bit. My husband is reading Dead Wake right now and says it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good books here that I want to read, too! I just gave my husband Cuckoo's Calling for Christmas, so I imagine both of us will get to that one (him sooner than me). I want to read Dead Wake & In the Unlikely Event, too.

    You definitely need to make time for Life After Life - after reading it, I immediately added it to my Top 5 of all Time list! Loved that book!

    Hope you get to all of these in 2016!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.