"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, February 15, 2016

TTT: Ten Songs I Wish Were Books

TTT is hosted at Broke and Bookish
Top Ten Tuesday:  Ten songs I wish were books (and if they were I'd read them)

I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)

Somebody I Used to Know
 

All of Me


Beneath Your Beautiful


Riding With Private Malone


Hello


I Knew You Were Trouble


At This Moment


Losing My Religion


It's Time


Not Ready to Make Nice


Fight Song
 
 What songs do you think would make good books?

 

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic choices Anne. I found this prompt really hard this week! I think many of these songs would make great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your prompt better than the the prompt I chose. I am frankly out of my league on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely out of my league with this one, too! I had to modify the prompt.

    Here's my Best Music to Read to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea. I didn't know one could share Pandora stations. I am going to grab your stations and add them to my list.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh I absolutely adore these songs; what fab choices!
    You're the first person I've seen to include an Imagine Dragons song, so you now receive assorted cakes as a reward - legitimately, how did I forget to put It's Time in my TTT? One of my favourite ever songs owing to the lyrics:
    "The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top"
    Now that would be an interesting novel xD

    [url=https://introtoblurb.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/top-ten-tuesday-songs-as-books/]Here's my TTT if you have a chance to check it out; of course, no obligations![/url]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a weird memory of It's Time by Imagine Dragons. The first time I heard it I had just finished listening to the audiobook named Seraphina. The book is about dragons and I was still very much in the dragon world as the book ended and the radio started up. I was shook from my reverie when the DJ said, "Imagine Dragons, It's Time." I thought I was still imagining a scene from the book and the couldn't believe the DJ just said that.

      Delete
  6. Love this! Dixie Chicks would be awesome! Listen to our TTT @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collection, Anne! I love nearly all of Taylor's songs, and "Trouble" would be fun. Also I'm pretty much addicted to Rachel's 'Fight Song.' It's constantly on repeat while I'm writing or doing blog work. :)

    Thanks so much - as always, for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a really hard prompt. You got a nice mix of songs here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I love Somebody That I Used To Know.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really listen to any of these artist, but I think Taylor Swifts' songs all have some sort of story behind them which makes them perfect for this sort of list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like that Riding with Private Malone book right now, please! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard I Believe by Josh Groban until now! I love it.
    Fight Song would make a great story, since you can't help but come up with one when you listen to the song.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.