"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Olympics book tag. Join the fun!



This tag is from Starts At Midnight and since I am currently obsessed with the Olympics so this tag was impossible to pass it up! 

West with the Night by Beryl Markham
I not only loved it from the first page, I loved it from the first line:
"How is it possible to bring order out of memory?"


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This has been a reliable book recommendation over the years, too.


Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Peeta or Gale? Who could possibly pick with these two choices?


A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
I rarely do not finish books but I DNF this one. I just couldn't do it.


This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki  and Mariko Tamaki
A graphic novel and a wonderful coming-of-age tale.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rawling
Need I say more?

Steeplejack by AJ Hartley
A recent read for me. I enjoyed all the plot twists I didn't see coming.


I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
This book broke my heart then stitched it back together.


Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
Is it really slow paced or am I just not really taking the required time to read it quickly?

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
This was my favorite book as a youngster by far. I still love it.


A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.


The Thousand Autumns of Jacob deZoet by David Mitchell
This book seemed WAY longer than its 479 pages. 
In fact, this book has become a joke of sorts among my book club friends. 
All of us struggled to finish it.


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater 
 Gansey, Adam, Ronan, Noah, and Blue.
I want friends like these guys.



Stotan! by Chris Crutcher.
Competitive swimming.

I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but if you would like to join in please feel free.  

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I had to read Clockwork Orange for my Brit Lit class. I couldn't sleep for a few weeks after finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad we agree when it comes to synchronized swimming!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.