2. Jane Austen week. For the past eight or nine years I have hosted a Jane Austen week in the library. I highlight her books, show one of the movies based on her books, play trivia, hand out prizes, decorate the display case with everything Austen. This year, I am not feeling it. For one thing only one student has asked about it. For another, Jane Austen readers have diminished over the years. The only book they know is Pride and Prejudice and that is because of the movie, I'm sure. I am pretty sure this is a sign. Refer to #1.
3. So who knew that there were such different types of book-cover laminates? I opened a new roll today to cover a larger book I just purchased for the library and I struggled, really struggled to get it on the book without adhering to itself and then there were a million tiny air bubbles I couldn't get out. Gah!
4. We found out we are going to be grandparents in September. Yay! And this week I received my first grandma gift, a board book, Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton. It was a favorite when my kids were little. Thanks, Grace!
5. Feast or famine with audiobooks. I place holds on audiobooks at the library and they all come available at the same time. Why do I keep doing this to myself? It happens every time. Currently I have four (or is it five?) audiobooks checked out to me and they all have three week circulation dates. The problem, of course, is that a person can only listen to one audiobook at a time, unlike juggling two or three print books. Therefore more than half will go back without me listening to a minute of them. I will finish one audiobook today, LaRose by Erdrich, and restart another I had set aside, Homegoing by Gyassi. Other than that I am not sure I will get to any of the others. Back in line, to start the whole process again.
6. The JROTC program just gave the library a ginormous book called Long May She Wave, all about the American flag. Although extra big books are hard to store in a library, I am going to keep it and place it on display. It is so cool. (See photo.)
7. On an unrelated and non-bookish note, our dog's tumor started bleeding last night. I had just taken her to the vet the day before and it wasn't that bad. It grew that much overnight. Ugh. Really gross. Time to start making hard decisions. Sigh.
This meme is hosted by BookishlyBoisterous